When you have an uneven smile, you can develop a higher risk of serious oral health complications. To correct misalignment without the use of metal braces, we may recommend a series of clear plastic aligners. Invisalign is a practically invisible option that offers a number of benefits.
Invisalign Benefits Quiz
- True or False: You can remove them before you eat.
- True or False: They make brushing and flossing easier.
- True or False: The aligners are practically invisible.
- True. With braces, you need to avoid eating hard or chewy foods, as these can become stuck in your braces or in some cases, damage them. However, with Invisalign you simply remove the plastic aligners before you eat. We also suggest that if you eat sugary foods or drink soda, that you rinse your mouth with water before putting your clear aligners back in. In addition, remember that in order to see optimal results in the timeframe the dentist recommended, you need to wear them for a minimum of 20 to 23 hours per day.
- True. Braces can make brushing and flossing your teeth difficult, and as a result, increase the risk of tooth decay, gingivitis, and teeth stains during treatment. However, since you can remove your orthodontics with Invisalign, brushing and flossing your teeth is much easier. You can then keep your smile healthier and brighter as your teeth are gradually and gently repositioned.
- True. The aligners are made from a BPA-free plastic material, which mean they fit comfortably. In addition, this means that when worn they are practically invisible. Teens and adults often prefer less visible orthodontics. If you have any questions about the Invisalign system, then please contact our office today.
Ready to Try Clear Aligners?
If you have misalignment we can help correct the issue with a series of clear plastic aligners. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.